TERMS & CONDITIONS
The terms and conditions stated laid down herein are in relation to the legal and enforceable agreement between WeTechies and You. It is in your best interest to carefully read and understand the terms and conditions before you proceed to avail any service from WeTechies. The terms stated herein provide important information about the WeTechies website and plans. The terms also include important information about your responsibilities and duties as a WeTechies customer, if at all you avail our services. Once you accept the terms they would apply to all plans you’ve opted for or intend to opt for WeTechies.
If you don’t find the terms and conditions acceptable, you may not subscribe with WeTechies as we only serve customers who subscribe with us.
1) TERMS – DEFINED
Certain terms we’ve frequently used in the terms and conditions stated herein
are defined here:
Software, material, services, and content on the WeTechies website are collectively referred to as Content.
2. You and you
Any individual representing himself or a company who wishes to avail the services of WeTechies is you, our customer.
An independent tech support provider located at 7100 Stevenson Blvd.
Suite 218, Fremont, CA 94538, USA.
4. WeTechies Certified Technicians
All experts WeTechies employs and certifies to provide services to you are collectively referred to as WeTechies Certified Technicians.
Any incident-based, tenured plan you avail to receive the services from WeTechies.
6. Plan order
The order you place to opt for any incident or Tenured (tenure-based) plan by calling us on our toll-free number or placing the order through our website.
7. Tenured plans
Plans you can opt for as an individual or as a representative of a company. They are active for a particular tenure. You have the choice to avail three-month plan, six-month plan, annual plan or business plan.
8. Incident-based plans
Plans you opt for to avail one-time support for a PC or any device.
Services you avail from WeTechies following your subscription with us by calling us on phone through our toll-free-number or through the WeTechieswebsite.
Services cover both incident and subscription-based plans (tenured) plans.
Any modification in the scope of services (addition of new services or deletion of some services) is the sole discretion of WeTechies.
WeTechies also reserves the right to discontinue a service. Refer to the Refund Policy for further details.
Tenured services: Tenured services that come with a tenured plan you avail (including three-month, half-yearly and yearly plans).
Incident-based services: Non-tenured servicesyou availas part of an incident-based plan.
WeTechieswebsite refers to the online location of WeTechies at WeTechies.com.
Any content made available on the WeTechieswebsite including blogs, whitepapers, press releases, product guides, datasheets, podcasts, etc. WeTechies holds the copyright for any such material viewed or downloaded from the WeTechieswebsite.
12. Software or Support Software Tool
Any computer program that you receive to aid us in delivering the services to you in the form of download, CD/DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media, through any mode of delivery, is referred to software or more precisely support software tool. Such software can be the one developed and/or patented by WeTechies, or any third-party product.
Any service you receive as part of the plan you’ve opted for through phone, live chat session or remote access. The service is governed by the terms and conditions mentioned herein.
Here’s how you can avail our services:
1. Call at the toll-free number provided to connect to our technician.
2. Explain the problem you are facing with your PC, laptop or any other device.
3. Our technician, upon your permission, will take remote access of your PC to diagnose the exact cause of the problem.
4. He would then suggest a plan that suits your needs and is on offer from WeTechies. (Our services can only be availed if you opt for a plan from us).
5. You make the payment in advance and avail our services. Refer to the Billing section for further details.
Our services include PC optimization; removal of security threats; installation or upgrade of all supported operating systems; installation of updates; connectivity of all supported devices and peripherals; resolution of connectivity issues; diagnosis and repair of various supported third-party security products and utilities.
We also recommend certain third-party products and services for general upkeep of a PC.
WeTechies reserves the right to modify the plans and scope of services on offer at any time without prior notice.
To deliver services in an effective manner, WeTechies Certified Technicians will require to take remote access of your PC. You need to facilitate the availability of a high-speed Internet connection and it is your responsibility to make it available for our technician. You also need to assist our technician when he tries to diagnose or repair your PC. If you fail to do so, it will be considered as a breach of agreement. The procedures to follow, to diagnose and repair your PC are at the sole discretion of our technician.
Support software tool
To efficiently deliver our services to you, our technician may:
- Ask for assistance to download and install a proprietary or third-party tool.
- Assist you or ask for assistance to facilitate remote access via a proprietary or third-party tool.
- Utilize the proprietary or third-party tool to diagnose and/or repair your PC.
- Deleteor uninstall the third-party tool once the issue is resolved.
You need to agree to the terms and conditions laid herein and it will be considered as a permission from your end to download and install any WeTechies proprietary or third-party copyrighted software support toolrequired to facilitate support, optimize your PC, or secure the PC from threats.
Commercially reasonable effort
WeTechies Certified Technicians are trained to make best efforts to diagnose and repair a PC. However, if our technician is unable to fix the problem, due to any reason whatsoever, you are not liable to pay for such effort.
If, while diagnosing a PC, our technician realizes that the problem is beyond the defined scope of support, he may refer you to appropriate alternate destination. However, he may not facilitate access for you.
In connection with obtaining the services of WeTechies, you agree that you will cooperate with the WeTechies technician. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide the support to you. Our experience suggests that mostissues can be corrected as a result of close cooperation between you and thetechnician.
Please listencarefully to the technician and follow the technician’sinstructions.You must confirm that the following conditions are true:
a) The situation giving rise to the question is, reproducible on a single system, i.e., one central processing unit with its workstations and other peripherals.
b) You must have knowledge regarding the hardware system, any softwareinvolved, and in the facts and circumstances surrounding the incident.
c) The full system, including software and hardware, is available to you andaccessible by you without limit during any telephone discussions with WeTechies support personnel.
d) You understand and agree that WeTechies shall under no circumstance be responsible for any lost or corrupted software or data.WeTechies strongly recommends that you at all times maintain a complete data backup and disaster recovery plan.
e) As a security measure, WeTechiesCertified Technicians may create a restore point before performing any task on your PC. If required, our technicians can utilize the restore point to get the system back to the condition it was before they took its remote session.
f) We also may record all conservations between you and our technician and all remote sessions that our technicians take on your PC. The said activities are important to maintain clarity on what WeTechiescommits and what the entity delivers to you as part of the services WeTechiesoffers.
Availability of services
With a vision to serve a wider consumer base, WeTechiesintends to provide 24×7 services in all time-zones in the near future. However, currently our services are available from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM, EST.
At times due to system maintenance or upgrade our services may not be available for a short duration in your time-zone.
Termination of Services
The termination of services is governed by the WeTechies cancellation policy laid underneath. Following the cancellation, all refunds will be governed by the refund policy of WeTechies.
The services we provide are governed by the terms and conditions stated here and terms specific to the plan order. Adhering to the collective terms and conditions, WeTechies Certified Technicians will use commercially reasonable effort to address your queries. Our technicians will attempt problem diagnosis and resolution through phone, chat session, remote access, or through any other suitable means.
You agree that if remote access is used, there will be no residual software from the remote session left on your PC. However during the time of remote session, our technicians may install a software on your PC. Sole purpose of the software is to make it easier for the customer to connect with our support team.
All undertakings under service plansare subject to WeTechies’ limited warranty, which is set forth below.
Payment for the services you wish to avail from WeTechies will be available only after advance payment is made to WeTechies. You will be intimated via phone or e-mail the exact amount you need to pay in lieu of the services you wish to avail. Chargeable amounts against specific plans are also mentioned on the WeTechies website.
If you avail a service in addition to the regular service on offer, you may be entitled for a promotional discount. In order to avail such a discount, you need to opt for the service in the offer period only.
Payment terms and conditions:
- The amount includes all applicable taxes.
- All payments are to be made in favor of WeTechies.
- Preferred mode of payment is credit card. (Refer to the Billing section for further details).
- Although payment for any plan needs to be made in advance at the time of purchase. However, if at all there are any outstanding dues;WeTechies reserves the right to charge 15% per month or a higher amount permitted by the law in your time zone as interest from you.
- Certain service plans may have fee including, but not limited to “service fee” and/or “activation fee”.
- A plan order will be created that will contain all payment details including the plan opted for, chargeable amount, payment mode etc.
- No service will be rendered if the payment for the opted plan is not made in advance.
- Promotional discount is valid until:
- The plan expires.
- You terminate the plan before its expiry.
- You terminate the service required to avail that promotional discount.
1. THROUGH CREDIT CARD
Once you decide to avail our services, WeTechies Certified Technician may ask you to provide your updated credit card information. You will also be asked to authorize WeTechiesto charge orplace on hold any payment against the plan you’ve opted for. You also permit the card issuer to clear the payment against the services you’ve opted for without requiring a signed receipt from your end. You also agree that the charges are to be placed before the card issuer for clearance against the services you’ve opted for.
You also may be required to authorize that any entity that collects payments or acts as a billing agent forWeTechies can also continue to attempt to charge or place on hold any full or partial payment till the entire amount is charged against the service you’ve opted for.
In case you switch to a different card issuer while there are some partial payments yet to be made to WeTechies against the services you’ve opted for, you need to provide the updated card information to us.
You also agree that neither WeTechies nor any agency or establishment acting on behalf of WeTechies can be held responsible for any insufficient funds in your credit card account or for any additional charges you need to clear as a result of attempts WeTechies or its agencies make to charge or to put on hold any payment against the services you’ve opted for.
2. THROUGH DEBIT CARD/ DIRECT DEBIT/ACH/E-CHECK
If you’ve given your debit card information instead of credit card information to WeTechies, the entity or any third party acting on the behalf of WeTechies, has the authority to charge your debit card all the payments you’ve agreed to make against the services you’ve opted for. If you wish to change the details to a credit card number, you can do so anytime during the plan period.
In case you wish to enroll for ACH, eCheck or Direct debit facility, you need to provide WeTechies with the information for the same. All payments will be charged against the ACH, eCheck or Direct debit number you’ve shared with WeTechies.
5) RENEWAL POLICY
Any of the tenured plan (3 months,6 months & 1 year) expires after its plan period finishes and doesn’t get renewed automatically. You need to call WeTechies one month in advance to renew your tenured plan. If you wish to renew any tenured plan, you can opt for any such plan on offer during that particular timeperiod. WeTechies will charge you the amount against the prevailing subscription charges for the plan you’ve opted for.
For auto-renewal of a plan, you need to call WeTechies one month in advance and state your preferences.
7) RESPONSBILITIES and LIABILITIES
a. While availing the services from WeTechies you are in agreement that:
- You are the owner of the PC on which the services are being offered.
- You have the license of the software installed on it.
- The details you have shared with us including the credit card information are correct to the best of your knowledge.
- WeTechies has the authority to charge your debit/credit/echeck number against the plan you’ve opted for.
- While registering with us, you may be asked to enter username and password of your choice. It’s your responsibility to maintain confidentiality of such information with us.
- If you suspect of any unauthorized access of your account, it’s your responsibility to inform WeTechies about such activity.
b. WeTechies cannot be held liable for:
- To the extent permitted by law, WeTechies is not liable for any loss of data or cannot be held accountable to recover such data, network or software you’ve lost following the use of our services.
- In case of any security issue, WeTechies cannot be held liable for any loss of data you’ve incurred.
- You cannot hold WeTechies, any of its brands, or its employees liable for any hardware malfunction at the time our remote session on your PC.
- You can also not hold WeTechies or any of its brands or employees responsible for any special, direct, indirect or consequential damages or damages resulting from loss of use, loss of data, revenue, business or profits following the use of our services.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in no event shall WeTechies be liable to you in excess of the amounts actually paid by you to WeTechiesunder the Plan Order that is the subject of the dispute.
8) FAIR USE POLICY – Termination of service
WeTechies reserves the right to terminate the service with prior written intimation under the following conditions:
- WeTechies comes to know that the services on offer are being used by someone else other than you.
- Services are being availed on a computer other than the one registered with us.
- Services are being used to commit fraud or other unlawful activities.
- The subscriber exceeds the level of use reasonably acceptable under the tenured plan.
- For refund of money under such circumstances, please refer to the refund policy mentioned underneath.
In case WeTechies terminates your services before the plan expires, you will be refunded the amount for the days left on pro-rata basis. However, no refund of money would be entertained for the period prior to the incident.
You can also get the service terminated if you are not satisfied with the services WeTechies have offered. For further details please refer to the cancellation policy.
Plans designed to fix a particular issue with your PC or a connected device. They start once you call and register with us and terminate once the issue is resolved. You also get a follow-up within seven days of your first call.
- A warranty of seven days applies for an incident-based plan.
- You are only entitled to make the payment only after the issue is resolved.
- In case WeTechies Certified Technicians are unable to rectify the problem,you are not liable to make a payment in lieu of our effort.
- If the problem recurs within the warranty period, WeTechies Certified Technicians will use commercially reasonable efforts to rectify the issue.
- If the problem persists even after our technicians have placed in commercially reasonable effort to resolve the issue, you can opt for a refund from WeTechies.
2. Tenured plans
Any plan for which duration is attached is tenured plan. WeTechies offers three-month, six-month, 1-year plans.
3. Exclusions from Services
Services offered by WeTechies shall not include:
- Any item or activity that is not a part of the terms of a plan order.
- Service beyond the duration limitations of the plan.
- Problem with your computer or connected device, or its configuration that is beyond our control.
- Software, including the operating system and software added to the registered hardware products which are out of scope for the service plan.
- Problems due to:
- Accident, abuse, misuse, or problems with electrical power.
- Usage not as per the product instructions provided by manufacturer
- Your failure to follow the product instructions provided by manufacturer
- Your failure to perform preventive maintenance
- Problems due to accessories, parts, or components not compatible with the product
- Non-compliance with the instructions communicated by WeTechies Certified Technicians
- Hardware issues/failures
- Any computer that does not fulfill the minimum hardware and operating system specification required to receive our services.
10) NOTICE SPECIFIC TO MATERIALS AND SOFTWARE ON WETECHIES WEBSITE
All materials and software available on the WeTechies website is the property of WeTechies. You can only use/download materials and software as part of the service you avail from WeTechies or as part of the promotion offered by WeTechies. The use of such software or material is also regulated by End User License Agreement
(EULA) which accompanies the software or material. However, if EULA is absent, the terms and conditions set forth by WeTechies will be applicable.
According to EULA and WeTechies plan order, the material and software are strictly meant for personal use only. Any transmission, reproduction or distribution of such material and software is a breach of law, violating which will lead to severe civil and criminal penalties.
No transmission of any logo, graphic, sound, image or video appearing on the WeTechies website is also strictly prohibited.
You are restricted to redistributing any materials and software appearing on
the WeTechies website, unless permitted by the respective EULA for that material or software.
Guest to WeTechies website
You are regarded as a “guest” if you are not currently subscribed to our service. Even if you are our current customer and you use the WeTechies website outside of the scope of a service specified under an applicable plan order you will be treated as a “guest”. As a guest, you are permitted
to use the materials and software provided on WeTechies website as a guest for limited purposes of
(a) deciding whether to subscribe to the services provided by WeTechies,
(b) registering with WeTechies and submitting plan orders only. The foregoing license grant is a non-exclusive revocable license.
EULA — Generally
Anytime during the subscription period WeTechies may install software owned by the company or any third-party company WeTechies has a tie-up with on your PC. WeTechies holds the responsibility and the right to update or upgrade the software. You agree to cooperate with WeTechies Certified Technicians in the process required to install, update or upgrade the software. You also agree to use the software as part of the, or for use with the tenured service you’ve opted for and not for any other purpose.
In case the end user license agreement (EULA) is accompanied by any third-party software or proprietary software from WeTechies, you can use such software only as stated in the terms and conditions mentioned herein. To use the third-party software that forms a part of EULA, you need to first be in agreement with the terms and conditions stated here.
You opt for any software or material from the WeTechieswebsite on your own risk.
You cannot hold WeTechies responsible for any data loss, malfunction of system, or any problem you face while using such software or materials. WeTechies also does not take any guarantee that such product or material will meet your desired levels of expectations nor claims that it will perform properly on your computer.
WeTechies also disclaims all warranties expressed or implied otherwise of any software, or material whether in the nature of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise.
If at all you are not satisfied with the performance of such software or material you can (a) allow WeTechiestore-perform the services
subject to dispute (b) re-download and reinstall the software.
WeTechiesand/or its respective suppliers make no representations about thesuitability of the information contained in materials or the software forany purpose whatsoever.
All materials and software are provided “as is” withoutwarranty of any kind whatsoever.
WeTechiesand/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or impliedwith regardto this information, including all warranties and conditions of merchantability, whether express, implied or statutory, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
The materials provided on the WeTechies website could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes
are periodically added to the information herein. WeTechiesand/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the materialsand/or the software described herein.
11) COMMUNICATION SERVICE
WeTechiesmay provide you access to e-mail services, addresses, bulletinboard services, instant messaging services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, file cabinets and/or other messageor communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with WeTechiesemployees or associated agencies or establishments as appropriate to your service under the plan order.
Each communication service and collectively communication services shall only be used under an accepted plan order, and not for any other purpose.
Use of communication services
You agree to use the communication services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the particular communication service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that you will never employ communication service to:
- Connect with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative orunsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame through abuse, harassment, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, disrespectful, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, service or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way ofexample, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy orpublicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto
or have received all necessary consent to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the materials in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, corrupted files, or any other similar service or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or someone else’s property.
- Unless any communication service specifically allows to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any businesspurpose.
- Download any file posted by another user of a communication service that you know, that cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any proprietary rights notices, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of service or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the communication services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular communication service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading WeTechiesor others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the materials or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
WeTechieshas no obligation to monitor the communication services. However, WeTechiesreserves the right to review materials posted to the communication services and to remove any materials in its sole discretion.
WeTechiesreservesthe right to terminate your access toany or all of the communication services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
WeTechiesreserves the right at all times to disclose any information as WeTechiesdeems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal processor governmental request, or to edit, deny to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
Any materials uploaded to the communication services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
12) LIMITED SERVICE WARRANTY
If, due to any reason whatsoever, you are not satisfied with the servicesWeTechies offers you can (a) get these services re-performed by WeTechies Certified Technicians,
(b) opt for cancellation of service. Such cancellation will however will be regulated by the cancellation policy, refund policy and all other terms and conditions mentioned herein.
WeTechies however is not liable to pay any expenses you incur if at all you intend to procure any other service from any other provider.
Some of the WeTechies service plans come with a 7-day limited service warranty as it may be stated in the online documentation you may receive while you opt for those specific plans. This 7-daylimited service warranty is however subject to fulfillment of
(a) terms for the specific serviceplan and
(b) terms and conditions in this document.
13) LIABILILY DISCLAIMER
Unless stated otherwise, WeTechies or its associates, agents, suppliers, employees, licensors, cannot be held liable for any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, incidental, punitive or consequential damages caused by:
a) Use of service WeTechies offers.
b) Use of content provided on WeTechies website or any other text, document you’ve got as part of the plan you’ve opted for or service you’ve availed.
c) Delay or inability to avail WeTechies services.
d) Problem related to third-party product or service.
e) Problems a PC has encountered due to unauthorized third party access.
Our services also do not include restoration services, recovery of lost data or deleted work, recovery of damaged personal files, etc. WeTechies also reserves the right to modify or change the services.
14) THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
WeTechies Certified Technician may suggest you to opt for any third party software or service. It’s your responsibility to comply with the specific terms and conditions of that particular third party product or service before you plan to install the same on your PC.
Once, with assistance from our technician, you’ve downloaded and installed that third party product or service in your PC, WeTechies will be not be responsible to adhere to the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement for that specific third party software or service. All responsibility to follow the terms and conditions for that third party software or service will be held by you.
WeTechies does not make any representation in any regard for any third party product or service you’ve installed or intend to install on your PC. For relevant warranties related to such third party software or service, you can contact the OEM of that software or service at your cost. You also agree that any unauthorized access to any third party software or service would negate the warranty that you have against that software or service.
Though WeTechies may suggest you to acquire a third party service, WeTechies cannot be held responsible for this. It is your decision to acquire such service. WeTechies willalso not be responsible for any error that may occur due to that service or any act of yours that results in the breach of terms and conditions set forth for that specific service.
15) REFUND POLICY
The policy mentioned herein regulates the refund policy of WeTechies. Separate terms and conditions are applicable for tenured and incident-based plans
For Tenured plans
1. WeTechies will refund the entire amount you paid to avail a tenured plan if our technicians have failed to resolve even a single issue in your PC even after 30-days of the subscription commencement.
2. If, during the tenure of the plan our technicians were able to resolve a few issues, WeTechies will deduct the higher of a) cost of incidents resolved (WeTechies will assume every incident as an incident-based plan) or b) time
passed since plan commencement on pro-rata basis.
3. If our technicians were able to resolve all issues, under such circumstances, refund will be made for the days left till the plan gets expired on pro-rata basis.
For incident-based plans
1. The problem remains unresolved even though you have all the pre-requisites required to get the problem fixed.
2. If while repair, our technician realizes that the problem is beyond our scope of support.
3. If a problem recurs after the stipulated warranty period has expired for that plan, no refund will be entertained.
For incident-based plans, WeTechies only charges you, if the issue is resolved. However, authorization for payment is done once you register with us.
Refund of payment is the solediscretion of WeTechies.
16) CANCELLATION POLICY
You are free to cancel your subscription anytime during the period you’ve opted if our technicians have failed to resolve even a single issue in your PC till the time you ask for cancellation. In such a scenario, we will refund the entire amount we’ve charged for a plan you’ve opted.
If our technicians were able to resolve a few or all problems you encountered during the subscription period yet you are not satisfied with the way the services were delivered, you can cancel the service you’ve availed with WeTechies.
Under such circumstances, refund will be made for the days left till the plan gets expired on pro-rata basis.
17) OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You hereby acknowledge and are in agreement that WeTechies cannot be responsible for delays you encounter in availing our services for reasons beyond the control of WeTechies. These include delays due to acts of god including flood, earthquake, storm, or any sudden strike by fire, or war, armed conflict, terror act, boycott, riot, release of toxic substance or explosion.
You are not permitted to create any hyperlinks to any material or software offered through the WeTechies website.
If any portion of terms and conditions laid herein has become invalid or unenforceable, WeTechies will use commercially reasonable effort to enforce such portion of terms and conditions. However, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect. Failure to enforce such provision does in no circumstance be considered
as a waiver of such provision.
WeTechies holds all proprietary rights of all services, the WeTechies website, software support tool we own, all trade names, registered marks, and service marks associated or displayed with the services. You, under any condition whatsoever, cannot deface, remove, or claim any copyright or trademark notices of other proprietary rights of WeTechies.
Venue of Law
All disputes will be resolved as per the laws of the U.S. However, WeTechies assures you that no law will be violated.